There is no greater love of mine than dark chocolate with fruits and nuts. Chocolate bark is quick and easy to make and serves as a great sweet bite for the end of any meal. You can pair any of your favorite nuts, fruits, or seeds to create this simple and beautiful treat.
For this particular recipe I chose to pair cashews and coconut for a light tropical flavor that is complimented by the earthiness of hemp seeds and bite of sea salt. The cranberries offer a nice tang that breaks up the sweetness and ties it all together.
What you see is what you get, which is what I love about creating my own treats. This recipe calls for 6 simple ingredients:
1) Dark Chocolate Chips
2) Raw Cashews
3) Dried Cranberries
4) Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
5) Hemp Seeds
6) Sea Salt
This bark is packed with nutrients from the cashews and hemp seeds which provide magnesium, omega fatty acids, and protein!
Quick enough for a weeknight desert yet elegant enough to serve at a dinner party. Once the chocolate is melted you just pour it onto a tray and sprinkle on your favorite ingredients. The hardest part is waiting for it to cool in the fridge!
Dark Chocolate Coconut & Cashew Bark
Vegetarian • Vegan • Gluten Free
Ingredients1 cup dark chocolate chips
¼ cup raw cashews
3 tablespoons dried cranberries
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
1 teaspoon sea salt
Note: All toppings measurements can be altered based on your personal preference. Add more or less of whatever you choose.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Fill a small pot with 1 to 2 inches of water and place over medium-low heat and place a slightly larger heat-proof bowl on top of the pot
- Add chocolate chips to the bowl and let melt, stirring often with a spatula.
- When only a few unmelted chunks remain, remove from heat and stir quickly until fully melted
- Pour chocolate out onto parchment and spread into a thin layer (about 0.25-inch thick)
- Sprinkle with cashews, coconut flakes, dried cranberries, hemp seeds and sea salt
- Place baking sheet in fridge until bark is completely set. Break into small pieces and enjoy!